Minutes for September 2018
1. Meeting called to order by President Dennis Hakes at 10:15 AM. Thanks expressed to Aaron Hammer for inviting us to have our meeting at his shop.
2. New members. One new person present asked to sign in but he did not.
3. Members commented about the heavy rain today and difficult parking.
4. Secretaries report, Richard Agenten. Richard reminded group that next meeting in November will be his last meeting as Secretary. Members advised that George Jensen has indicated that he will be taking over. He is not here today.
5. Treasures report by Parker Nicholson. Parker says he has been thinking about becoming the new president but stated he wants to make some changes he feels are needed to make the club more successful. He enumberated the changes he would like to make and these discussed at length by the members present today. Opinions expressed by members as to what they would like the club to be. Parker said that he would like to market our bowls and look for more venues to sell our turnings. Parker reported all money tranactions and what the finanical status of the club. Parker will also try to find the list of club equipment, needs to talk to John Mydock.
6. Web page, Jacqui Marlin. She explained that she is working on the site. Has not been able to find out how it will cost but she will send info when she finds out. Idea of charging dues for membership in club discussed.
7. Election of BOD. It was pointed out that a full BOD to get AAW to support our annual show. Bylaws discussed and how they fit into chosing the new BOD.
8. President informed group that he is starting to look into what is needed for our next years show. Suggested a brouchur be made for welcoming new members, possible very large turning to attracht attention. Demo contact for West Side turners will be Mark Stebbins.
9. Club challenge Gene Short. Challenge was to add something turned to something you use around the house or shop. Gene Short and Mark Stebbins were winners. Next challenge will be to turn a natural edge piece and todays demo will show how to do it. Demo will be given by Aaron Hammer.
10. Next meeting will be at the Forestry Center in Hilo date in November to be announced. Lunch and then excellent demo by Aaron.